Misuta Chow's on Main Street to close in September
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Misuta Chow's, the restaurant on Main Street known for its Japanese eats and arcade games, will close its doors in September, the restaurant said Monday.
The restaurant has been open since 2018.
The eatery filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy right at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, with owners saying that they were misguided financially and were taken advantage of. In 2024 the restaurant suffered flood damage that closed the restaurant for over two months.
"Despite it all, the team remained committed to creating a space that was inclusive, colorful, welcoming and uniquely Buffalo," owner Christi Allen said Monday.
Allen added, "more than just a business, it became a home - created not only by its founders, but by a collective of family, friends, and artists who poured their creativity, passion, and love into the space."
This closure follows a trend in downtown Buffalo this year. Osteria 166 ended its dining services this summer to shift to an event-focused model. Southern restaurant Toutant closed after a decade in business earlier this year, Nick’s Place closed its Amherst Street location in February, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que closed its Franklin Street location in January in favor of a location in Hamburg, and Pour Taproom on Pearl Street suddenly closed in March.
Misuta Chow's will close for good on Sept. 7 with a Bills home opener party.
Aidan Joly was named News 4's Digital Executive Producer in 2025. He has been on staff since 2022. He is a graduate of Canisius College. You can see more of his work here.